7.02.2008

workin it~



so, i've been working away at these very bowls. i need to throw a few more before i feel as though i might just have enough for the barr street market on the 12th of this month. crunch time! i tend to work more productively during these times though. it's bad, but have NO idea of how i want to glaze these bad boys. i suppose i will keep it simple and stick with my palate of earth tones. i will wrap up the throwing and trimming this weekend and start firing up the kiln early next week. i am keeping my fingers crossed that everything turns out beautifully. this is going to be my first display of my work since i graduated 4 years ago and it is a little scary. my experience and perspective with the whole process of making art has changed over time. my intentions with my work is to have the pieces used and loved.

2 comments:

  1. they look gorgeous already! i'll definitely be stopping by the barr street market :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. laura-
    you are so talented. tell me more about the barr street market, i think that i am going to have to make a trek up there!!

    ReplyDelete