8.20.2008

"half full"


these days i have been taking it easy in the studio. the calendar has been marked with deadlines for what i want/need to accomplish by the september 20th market. no pressure, it's just all up to me!!! i am in a sort of transition with what i want to create and i am keeping an open mind with what inspires me. at this point, i really cannot be much more specific than that. i have been gathering clips from my domino magazines of home furnishings made of clay that i would like to see spun on my wheel. i generally see these items (home furnishings/pottery) in the background of scenes on book shelves, tables, etc. i am looking forward to seeing what will come of these inspirations. i can feel myself easing up when i am throwing, and coming into my own rhythm. i also have been evaluating my studio and making a wish-list of what i want to help make it both more ergonomic and "laura" like. i am looking forward to in the development my studio life and because i'm feeling as though my cup is "half full", the journey is all the more exciting!

3 comments:

  1. i'm so proud of you... you are doing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cool! I can't wait to see what you're making.

    ReplyDelete