10.15.2008

a change in plans~


so, it's time to let the cat out of the bag for some fresh air: the tile and stoneworks company i was working for recently had to shut its doors for a bit, indefinitely. i am unemployed! or, better yet, "self-employed" (for the time being anyway). my initial reaction to the lay-off was at first uncharacteristically calm of me. later i was disturbed. now i am taking root. as i was working, i secretly had been wishing something like this would happen, so i could spend time (more time) in my OWN studio...making my OWN work. thus, my wildest dream came true, and here i am trying not to fret. i got just what i wanted, right? it really isn't that dreamy and easy, but it is where i am these days and i am going to try to make a go of it now. it is one of the scariest things i have ever done. i never would have become "unemployed" on my own to try to make this happen, but now i have this OPPORTUNITY lingering about me. i have to and i want to.

i really appreciate all of the support that my friends and family have offered, thank you! i also could melt at the sweetness of my husband, how could i be SO lucky? still, i will never take anything for granted and i am grateful for everything. so, here i go...back to the studio, with ease and intention. first, i wanted to share this with you because you may like it too.

By Dawna Markova:
I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear of falling
or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible;
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance,
to live so that which comes to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom,
and that which comes to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.

4 comments:

  1. You are truely an inspiration to me. I wish I was more like you :) I just know that you will succeed and I really admire the fact you have enough guts to try.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so beautiful and talented. believe in dreams...you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!! I will read it at yoga tonite! Haven't been to the page in awhile, I am so proud of you dear friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete