1.07.2009

Staying on track...


My sense of direction in terms of what I want to accomplish ebbs and flows and I sometimes find myself in the middle of it all, off track. Usually, I start off with a theme or concept and if I brainstorm to the point where ideas pile on top of ideas, I lose my orientation and steam. With a blurred vision it is draining to continue forward. So for me, some days (much like today) just need to be spent entirely out of the studio, perchance with a sketch pad nearby. Stepping outside of the studio to sketch ideas and collect inspirations cultivates my creativity and helps to restore and reorganize my thoughts. Lately, I've been sketching editions the Botanical Silhouette theme and am motivated to keep working. My sketch book is a valuable component to my entire working method and gives my ideas a place to compose themselves before becoming permanent.

No comments:

Post a Comment