1.12.2009

wax resist~

Here is "Phase 1" of the method I am using for my Botanical Silhouette series. There are so many different techniques, methods and approaches I could take to reach the end result that I envision. The route that I am taking is to mask off parts of the bisqued clay by applying wax resist in ares that I want to remain unglazed. When I glaze the wares, the glaze will bead on top of the waxed areas and I will wipe away the residue before firing. The wax will burn off in the glaze firing and the portions that were waxed will yield unglazed stoneware amidst a glazed surface.

More to follow...

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a pretty cool process. I love the four-petal flower toward the right hand side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, how interesting! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I love them... very creative

    ReplyDelete