10.28.2009

In a nutshell...






I cannot seem to understand how time is whirling by so quickly! The branches are becoming bare as my eyes linger on the leaves, trying to soak in their beauty a little longer. It is a bittersweet time of year, here. I am sure the neighborhood thought I was out on a "pass" the other day during my walk...tugging myself along with sudden spurts of stooping to gather this leaf or that, tripping from random shifts in my momentum. What do I think I am going to do with these leaves anyway? I do this every year, only for them to reappear as they fall out of the phone book where they have been pressed and forgotten.

Above are a few of my recent favorites. They will be available for purchase at the upcoming "Artlink Holiday Art Market" at Artlink Contemporary Art Gallery beginning in early November, through December 31, 2009.

The next upcoming event that I will participate in is the Sophia's Portico's Women's Winter Art Fair. This will take place on Saturday, December 5th, from 11 AM til 4PM at Beacon Heights Church in Fort Wayne, IN. Along with original artwork of 20 local women artists, there will be homemade soup, bread and desserts available for purchase. I look forward to this new experience and opportunity and am grateful to have been invited to partake.

Time to get busy in the studio!!!

2 comments:

  1. I love your new pieces. I enjoy the autumn ritual of pressing leaves. I remember my grandmother teaching me how to lay them out properly with waxed paper. It's always a nice surprise finding them months or even years later.

    I always enjoy reading your post.

    ReplyDelete