11.04.2009

"Take Offs and Landings"...

Jonathon Ford, Peru

It seems to be the right time of my day to crack open a bottle of red and take a break from packing my bags. I consider this break to be productive as I am waiting on laundry to be cycled and for my iPod to finish downloading a last few songs that I may need on my journey.

Yes, I am going on a journey...to Peru, South America! It wouldn't be possible for me to muster this if not for the benevolence of my altruistic, philanthropic and adventure seeking mom. How thankful can a girl be? I am more thankful than that. My sister, Clare, and I will be visiting a dear friend, Jonny, in the Huatanay River Valley of Cusco, Peru. We will be spending our days volunteering at the Juan Pablo II Orphanage and working on art-related activities with the children. We will also be visiting the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu. Even as I type this, I still can't believe that I am going to do this! O' how I wish I could speak Spanish!!!

More information on our location at : http://www.mountainfund.org/online/index.php/volunteer/volunteer-in-peru

On a slightly unrelated note, I am finding that my "Autumn Album" is Cease to Begin by Band of Horses. I obsessively listen to the lyrics and am lulled by the vocals of this compilation. One of my favorite songs at the moment is "Detlef Schrempf".

"So take it as a song or a lesson to learn
And sometime soon be better than you were
If you say you're gonna go, then be careful
And watch how you treat every living soul ..."

As my yoga instructor says, "It's about the journey, not the destination." I have no expectations, just intentions to live in the present moment. Although, knowing me, I wouldn't't be surprised if I tried to sneak a Peruvian baby home on the plane, under my shirt.

Hasta Luego!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome. You should be arriving as I type this.

    ReplyDelete