11.02.2010

Homage~

Just spurting some thoughts as I relish the final days of this pregnancy. It could be any moment that this little one bursts into the world, and it is still hard for me to believe. Maybe it is the permanent smudge on my brain that harbors my fear of loss getting in the way? Or just that this is such a fascinating and mind boggling experience that it is hard to wrap my head around the reality of it all. Whatever the reason, I will always cherish these past nine months and all that they have encompassed.

Each day, I am thankful for her kicks and hiccups, even though I feel as though my body is no longer my own. I have loved watching my curving form grow. I crave to bend, stretch and sink into my old yoga poses, but know it will be quite some time and work to sculpt into that body again. My fingertips now fumble numbly with pregnancy-related carpal tunnel. I hope they will respond to the clay as they once did. I wonder how motherhood will affect my clay work and I look forward to the transformation.

My husband and I have shared the past 10 years of our lives together and lately I've been thinking of the first time we met. My mind had been in such a dingy fog for far too long before we met and making contact with his crystal blue eyes was just the beginning of the fog lifting. I never take our love for granted and am grateful for each moment we share. It was love at first sight and I am sure we will share the same feeling all over again when we greet our daughter and enter parenthood together.

Breath by breath, she will enter our world. Soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment