3.12.2011

Surfacing~





I've begun to find myself again as I skim the surface for my remains. I am loving motherhood and embrace this evolution into my new role in life, although I have shed so much of the me that I know in the process. Becoming familiar with my new identity will take some time. I have to admit, I was scared to "get behind the wheel" again and reconnect with clay. How could something so familiar to me be so intimidating to me? Because I let it be. It's a relief to find that the connection is still there and somehow my hands and mind come together as they did before and these forms that I dream of mold somewhere in the place between. I find true respite in my studio and have had some chances to begin my work again. A special "thank you" to my mom for minding the baby so I can dedicate time to my work.



Mumford and Sons-The Cave
"Because I need freedom now
And I need to know how
To live my life as it's meant to be
"

No comments:

Post a Comment