4.08.2011

Trudge

Bottom Layer
Middle Layer
Top Layer

Albeit in slow motion, the kiln is full to fire. I'm moving forward with continuing to create my trademark forms that are simple and sturdy and somewhat, I like to think, elegant. I am cautious not to be mindless when I'm in production mode, to not crank out wares just because I can. The repetition helps to hone my skills and speed, but I want to be "in the moment" with each piece that I create as my energy forms the clay.

I'm pleased to announce that I have been accepted as an artist vendor at the upcoming Three Rivers Festival, Art in the Park! I have got QUITE a bit of work to do between now and July and I hope to complete this work with ease. Good thing I have my toes dipped in the water already. I am proud of this accomplishment and look forward to the experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment