7.19.2011

Yarn Bowls:

I just experimented with making these today and I am pretty pumped about them. They still have some firing, glazing, and firing to go though before they are picture perfect, but I wanted to share a glimpse. Honestly, I have been taught several times by my mom (and various others) how to knit and crochet but I never seem to follow though. I feel a little dyslexic about it all. I was surprised to even find the yarn in my possession for the photo. I admire knitters and crocheters, I love to watch their hands work the craft, and I love handmade knitted and crocheted items. These are my contribution to the skilled. If you haven't seen these before, let me explain. The slit gently steers the yarn as you work and the bowl stabilizes the ball of yarn so it doesn't run away on you. The single hole is another option, serving the same purpose. More soon!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to get one of these for my mother! Please text me when they're done-she'll be stoked!
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete