10.14.2011

The Dog Days Are Over.

October, 2011 Franke Park. By me.

I used to hate this time of year because it reminded me of my father's death and all of the heaviness of the loss. I missed the beauty for a long time. But my eyes see it now, I soak it in and am inspired by it. I have been neglecting to spend time being inspired and working on my ideas for my work. I look forward to stocking my idea stash, soon. I am in a lull between working "sessions" and it is time for me to fuel up for what's up next.

What happens to be next is: a dream coming to fruition! My sister, Clare, and I are putting on a SHOW called, "The Foxy Ladies Art Posse-Holiday Gift Market". (Yes, it needs all of those words in the title). We started a group, "The Foxy Ladies", and pinned down a handful of local artists to collaborate and participate in selling their handmade/homemade goods. This event will be held in the Tiger Room of Calhoun Street-Soup, Salad and Spirits, on December 10th from 12pm-4pm. Gift items that you might find for sale are; my pottery, crochet/knitted cowls and wrist warmers, sewn clutches, closet monsters and other sewn delights, homemade soaps, crafty magnets, prints, delectable desserts by local bakers and whatnot. More details will follow. We are pretty pumped, to say the least. Something super exciting is that we will ALSO be a stop on the route of Holly Trolley that day! The Downtown Improvement District will be holding their annual HolidayFest in downtown Fort Wayne, and will feature local merchants and local cultural attractions with special holiday goings-on. Two old-fashioned trolleys will connect the participating locations on a continuous loop during the day. We applied and were approved to be a stop for the shoppers on the Holly Trolley!


1 comment:

  1. Love you, sweet Laura. Thanks to you and Clare for organizing the show... It is gonna be a blast!

    ReplyDelete