10.11.2012

Turning Over

I am in love with how the gingko leaf pendants turned out! I have always been fond of the gingko leaf form and finally worked it into my work. I would like to give a very special thanks to my customer that special ordered these for her bridesmaids and flower girls. What an honor to have been commissioned to made something for your special day! Custom orders help me release bound up creativity that is always lingering in the back of my mind. Sometimes it just needs a push (like a custom order) to help me release it a little. I used to be intimidated by special orders, fearing that I wouldn't be able to create what the customer had in mind. Nowadays, I find that I enjoy the communication and creating that is involved in the process and I trust myself and my creative skills more.

I am feeling really connected to my work these days (like I have been wanting) but I would like to be more involved and present with my "potter-self". I struggle with dedicating time to work in the studio. There are spaces in my life as a stay-at-home mom that I can work in more studio time. The couch can wait a little longer until I sink in for the night.


 "The grass was so green against my new clothes,
And I did cartwheels in your honor, dancing on tiptoes
My own secret ceremonials before the service began,
In the graveyard, doing handstands.

And I heard your voice as clear as day,

And you told me I should concentrate,
It was all so strange,
And so surreal,
That a ghost should be so practical."

'Only if for a night'-Florence + the Machine

No comments:

Post a Comment