3.27.2013

Resurfacing

What a hiatus I have taken! I have all but abandoned my pottery life and have been hanging by a thread to stay in contact with clay. I happen to have a little pipsqueak growing in my belly and am finally coming up from the bottom of the well for some fresh air and sunlight. I had forgotten what a toll the first trimester takes on my inspiration, motivation and energy levels. I am slowly gaining energy and will give up my afternoon naps with my daughter, soon. The beginning of this pregnancy coincides with the dullest time of year in my location, northern Indiana. That makes it even harder for me to gain some momentum in the studio. Now that I am going to try to get back in the game, I remind myself of something my yoga teacher always started our class off with about "no competition, no judgements and no expectations". It's a struggle for me to not look around at my potter friends and see their progress and production and not be a little envious of their studio time, stamina and business and not compare myself to their success. I am so thankful for the inspiration and sense of community that I soak up from the local art scene. I have intentions of creating some beautiful functional and decorative pottery that will be highly sought after this upcoming "selling season". Now I just have to figure out what I want to MAKE. It's going to be good!

If you haven't already, please "like" my Stonewares Facebook page. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/laurabrandenburgpottery

I will make some efforts to post my studio work and newest pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment