5.18.2013

Blow Out


What happened?! I made a bad choice and didn't listen to myself. I wanted to get some work done a little "ahead" of schedule and this is what happens when you deep down know that some of the wares are a little damp and you program for a "fast bisque". Yikes! I haven't had this happen in years. I lost a lot of work in this, mostly custom orders, and it was a horrible feeling. Lesson learned. I wanted to post this because it is important to know that things don't always turn out and go smoothly in the studio. I am always so nervous when I open the kiln after a firing, wondering what I am going to find, if I made the right decisions with glaze selections, etc.

Today was the Fort Wayne's Farmers Market "Spring Fling" at Parkview Field. There were 70+ vendors with lots of great produce, home grown and home made items, and artisans. This is the last FWFM that I am participating in for this year and will be heading back to Barr Street for the summer season. I am thankful for what a great winter and spring it has been at the FWFM and grateful for all that it offered for me and for Fort Wayne. I will post my summer schedule soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment