5.23.2014

Market Season!!!


Long time, no post!!! I am experiencing a rare few moments where both children are napping. I had NO idea what a whirlwind life would be with adding a second child to our lives! Worth every whirlwind, for sure.

I have good intentions to give this blog some tender loving care in the near future. Some exciting things to share that have happened since I last posted...I was commissioned by a "Public House" in Warsaw, Indiana, called "Oak and Alley", to make wares for their signature oyster dish and bowls for their marinated olive dish. I had a tight timeline to create this work but really had a great time with the experience. I felt honored to have been chosen to make these items for such a cool establishment. A special thank you to my friends, Nathan and Kristi, for making these connections for me! Custom orders both thrill and scare me because I usually have to venture out of my safe comfort zone and try new things, unsure if they will functionally survive firings and wear and tear, until I pull them out of the kiln and I can hold them in my hands with pride. I love how that order turned out, but I do not have photos to post.

I also have been busy making work for a sweet new store that will be opening in Fort Wayne, IN, called "Opal and Ruby's Gift Emporium". I am delighted to have my work picked to be in their store! A very special thank you to Matty for making the connections for this to happen.

One more exciting location that my work will be sold at is "The Trove", in Roanoke, IN. Super special thank you to my sister, Clare, for making these connections as well!

I will be selling my pottery at the Barr Street Market, tomorrow from 9AM until 1PM. This will be my SEVENTH year participating in the market. I love so much about this market and look forward to seeing my friends with their special wares, too. It is going to be a good summer! I will post my summer line-up of shows soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment