2.27.2016

I am breathing.

Okay, so maybe this blog will be a quarterly thing? I don't give it the love that I used to. What's new?

I have found my way back to the yoga mat and started taking classes again. FINALLY! It has been five years since I have dedicated true time to yoga. Other than that it was prenatal yoga with a kicking baby inside of me (super sweet) and sporadic attempts at home foiled by my dog taking over the mat and my children jumping on me (not really that sweet, but kind of). Yoga is such an important element in MY life. I have felt so detached from who this person is that I walk around inside of all day, every day. I love being the mom and wife and potter that I am, but I feel like I haven't really been present a lot of the time. I am here. NOW.

I am on the cusp of potentially the biggest contract of my pottery career. It is so scary and so exciting. I will reveal when the time comes. I am so thankful that I have had the support over the years from my husband, mom, family, friends and customers to help me keep this pottery dream alive. It honestly has not been easy to stay motivated and tap into what I want to create and share. It would be so easy to give up. I am in a new phase of production. I am deciding what I want. I know that I want less shows, more online sales. I probably need to find someone to help me put together a website. Or maybe Etsy is enough?

As I got into my car after yoga, Breathe by Pink Floyd came on. I haven't heard it in years. My temples were freshly massaged with lavender oil and my mind and body were seeping released tension, worries and anxieties. Perfect time for those lyrics.


Breathe

Breathe, breathe in the air.
Don't be afraid to care.
Leave but don't leave me.
Look around and choose your own ground.

Long you live and high you fly
And smiles you'll give and tears you'll cry
And all you touch and all you see
Is all your life will ever be.

Run, rabbit run.
Dig that hole, forget the sun,
And when at last the work is done
Don't sit down it's time to dig another one.

For long you live and high you fly
But only if you ride the tide
And balanced on the biggest wave
You race towards an early grave.

No comments:

Post a Comment